From dream to reality, what needs to happen before construction starts?
So, you’ve probably designed your dream home already but before we can start building it, you’re going to have to tell us all about it!
To make sure we get it right, this is what needs happens before construction starts:
• Week 1 – Pay your $1,000 deposit to lock in your price, site start month and promotion. We will organise a soil test and site survey for your land.
• Week 2 – Complete a variation appointment (the bit where you tailor your floorplan to you) with a sales consultant. We also book your tile selection appointment with National Tiles.
• Week 3 – Your Customer Service Administrator books your tender and contract appointments, plus colour and electrical selection appointment is booked.
• Week 4 & 5 – We will present your Fixed Price Tender including a rescode compliant siting. You need to pay 3%.
• Week 6 & 7 – It’s time to style your home! Head along to your tile appointment and colour and electrical selections.
• Week 7 & 8 – Post selection - want to add more powerpoints, change a colour? We can make variations to your electrical and colour selections ready for your HIA building contract.
• Week 8 & 9 – We’ll present you with your HIA building contract. If you’re happy, sign away and pay 5% deposit balance – (you’ve already paid 3% so just another 2%)
• Week 9 – 11 – We’ll finalise your construction working drawings, lodge your building permit to the local council, send your working drawings to the developer for approval (if needed) and order your materials with our suppliers
• Week 12 – Time to start building!
Most builders will provide a guide covering the step by step process for your entire build. The Porter Davis guide is called a Procedure of Purchase. For your complete peace of mind, it also covers what happens during construction and after we give you the keys.