Location Profile: Melbourne’s North West corner
Located just 30 minutes north-west of the Melbourne city are some of Melbourne’s best kept secrets; the suburbs of Taylors Lakes, Plumpton and Caroline Springs. And they’re proving to be popular with plenty of families moving to and living in the local vicinity!
If you’ve got a young family, you’ll feel right at home in Melbourne’s North West corner with these community facts:
- 42% of residents are aged between 20 – 39 years old
- 21% of residents are aged between 5 – 19 years old
- Only 15% of homes are rented
This means there are a lot of other young families settling permanently into the area!
What’s what in the area.
- It sits in the Shire of Melton and you can find out and get involved with what’s happening in the local area including festivals and events plus if you’re on their website, you can also register for a new resident’s pack.
- It is now also home to the new Encore estate developed by leading land developer, Villawood Properties. Encore is neighbours Taylor’s Hill and Caroline Springs and has 158 new homesites available.
- Discover easy access to established facilities and amenities including Watergardens Town Centre with over 240 shops at your doorstep and the Caroline Springs Town Centre including Coles, Bakers Delight, banks, pharmacy, newsagency and deli.
- Local facilities include a medical centre, police station and vet as well as an $8 million sports stadium and $11 million library and civic centre within Caroline Springs.
- It has more than eight local pre-schools, primary schools and secondary schools including Caroline Springs K- 12, Rockbank preschool and primary, Parkwood Green primary and ICA Melton College.
- Local recreational facilities include the Melton driving range and golf course and the Melton pool plus the Keilor tennis club and the West Melton tennis club. All your favourite gyms are also in the area with Curves, Fernwood and Genesis open nearby.
It’s also close, but not too close, to the Western Ring Road, Melton Highway and Calder Freeway plus the Caroline Springs train station (under construction), giving you access to the CBD or to the coastal regions of Geelong and beyond.
Perhaps your new way life awaits you at Encore, Caroline Springs or Taylor’s Hill!
Are you considering building in Melbourne’s North West? What do you love about the area?