Location Profile: Point Cook
Point Cook has become synonymous with easy and accessible everyday family living and lifestyle, based just 25 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD and at the gateway to Victoria’s renowned coastal heartland.
Its local features boast brand new state of the art shopping facilities as well as new and established schools, plus the beautiful bayside Wyndham Harbour Marina, which is now open and being enjoyed by families and boating enthusiasts.
The local community ins and outs:
- Most households are couples with young children
- The majority of residents are aged between 30 - 39
- 80% of the homes are owner occupied
- Population currently sits around 30,000 people, while Wyndham City Council predicts this will reach 41,474 by 2016
What’s what in Point Cook:
- Point Cook is part of the Wyndham City Council, which is the fastest growing municipality in Victoria, and the fourth fastest growing in Australia.
- The Point Cook Town Centre (http://www.pointcook.com.au/) is a brand new award winning shopping destination with plenty of retail and commercial attractions for easy and affordable living including Coles, Dan Murphy’s, Aldi and Target.
- Enjoy the Point Cook Coastal Park, Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club, Indoor Sporting Centres and leading fitness clubs and gyms such as Fenix and Curves, as well as the iconic Werribee Open Range Zoo.
- Local schools include the Point Cook Primary School, Werribee Secondary College, Carranballac College, MacKillop Catholic Regional College, Galvin Park Secondary School, Emmanuel College and kindergartens and pre-schools such as ABC Point Cook.
- Kingsford estate is the newest residential neighbourhood, presenting a new era of master-planned communities with 567 home sites nestled in amongst plenty of established facilities and offering two large parklands for fresh air, family fun and relaxation. Point Cook is also home to Saltwater Coast estate, Alamanda estate, Featherbrook estate, Thirty 30 estate, and Waterhaven estate.
- You can get amongst it and meet your crafty community at the regular Point Cook markets at Jamieson Community Centre (http://www.jamiesonwaycc.org.au/market.html) where you can purchase fresh produce and food, or unique homewares and gifts!
The area is also set to benefit from the expanding rail network, which means Point Cook really has it all – from the coast to the CBD and everything in between!
Are you planning on buying a new home in Point Cook? Tell us what you love about the area!