Location Profile: Lyndhurst
Lyndhurst is situated in Melbourne’s premier eastern corridor, popular for its established facilities, infrastructure and amenities with easy access to schools, shops, recreation, public transport and freeways – an idyllic foundation for easy everyday living.
More than the convenience of an abundance of local conveniences and just 35km south-east of Melbourne, families flock to Lyndhurst because of its positive community neighbourhood vibe, created through the mixed development of established and newly constructed homes.
The local community ins and outs:
• Most residents living in Lyndhurst are under 40 years of age
• 30% of residents are under 19 years of age and nearly 40% are aged between 20 – 39, while 70% are married or de facto, meaning families are the dominating majority
• 80% of the homes are owner occupied, with less than 10% renters
What’s what in Lyndhurst:
• Lyndhurst sits in both the City of Casey and the City of Greater Dandenong
• The Casey side of Lyndhurst lies inside the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) and the development phase is almost complete
• The Greater Dandenong side of Lyndhurst sits outside the parameters of the UGB and maintains a distinctly rural feel
• Marriott Waters is the most substantial and successful land estate in the corridor, set over 130 hectares, with over 2,500 people expected to call Marriott Waters home. It boasts 27 hectares of wetlands, parks, reserves and a network of walking and cycling paths as well as an activity centre, retail outlets and an array of recreational facilities plus a resident’s club with gym, swimming pool and cafe.
• The Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development purchased a 3.5 hectare site within Marriott Waters and in February 2011 the Lyndhurst Primary School was opened with grades from prep to year 7.
• With so many families in the area there are always lots happening in the community including heaps of free events, like the annual Casey Kids Carnival in March. You can stay up to date through the City of Casey events calendar http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/calendar/calendar.asp
• There’s also lots of support for new mum’s including City of Casey’s Circle of Moms network - http://www.circleofmoms.com/casey-mums and free City of Casey council new Mum’s sessions.
With three bedroom, two bathroom house and land packages currently starting from $344,646, it’s the perfect time and location for home buyers wanting to make the South East their home.
Is there something you love about Lyndhurst?